Rebit 5 provides a “ridiculously simple” backup solution that ensures your digital life is secure in the event of a hard drive failure or malware infection. Our award-winning backup solution is simple to use, with an automated process that works seamlessly in the background to protect your files.
Every song you download, each picture you transfer, or video you capture…all immediately backed up with Continuous Data Protection (CDP) technology.
New features include:
- A new Dashboard provides backup status at a glance
- Concurrent support for both Direct Attached Storage (DAS) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- On-demand recovery point creation captures the state of the system now
- Like a Time Machine for Windows
Fully Automatic – Goes to work whenever your computer is connected to the backup drive, wireless network or LAN.
Drive Rotation – Backup to multiple drives and rotate them offsite for additional disaster protection.
Continuous Data Protection – Rebit 5 monitors changes to your files and backs them up within moments. File versions are maintained so you can go back in time to any previous version.
Concurrent Direct and Network Backup – Backup to hard drives connected directly (USB, eSATA, etc.) or networked. Wireless backup or LAN connections to Network Attached Storage (NAS).
Full System Restore – Easily recover the entire system hard drive from any catastrophic event – hard drive crash, virus or corrupted software installation.
Data Health Dashboard – Backup status in the at-a-glance display shows progress of backups real-time.
Minimum System Requirements
- A customer-supplied USB hard drive or network attached storage (NAS) of equal or greater capacity than the internal system hard disk drives
- CD-ROM disk drive
- NTFS-formatted, non-RAID system disk drive
- Pentium 4+ or AMD Athlon+ processor and 2 GB of RAM Memory
- Windows© XP and XP Pro 32-bit (Service Pack 3)
- Windows Vista® 32-bit or 64-bit (All Editions, Service Pack 2)
- Windows® 8 32-bit or 64-bit (All Editions, not RT)
- Windows® 7 32-bit or 64-bit (All Editions)
- Windows® 10 (All Editions)
- Windows SBS 2003, 2008, or 2011
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
Network Attached Storage (NAS) Requirements
- A NAS device or share with 2-3 times the capacity of the PC’s to be backed up.
- Support for Windows workgroups. (Windows domain authentication not supported)
- Network configured for DHCP