Upgrade from Rebit Legacy Pro to Rebit Personal through a simple process. However, there is no direct method. You will need to sign up for the trial or buy a subscription to the new Rebit Personal. Backup the same data you had backed up via Legacy Rebit Pro onto Rebit Personal. Next, you can cancel the Legacy Rebit Pro subscription. Please note that canceling the Legacy Rebit Pro subscription is not mandatory. Lastly, you should uninstall Legacy Rebit Pro on your device. The steps have been outlined as follows –
Signing up for Rebit Personal trial:
1. Open any browser of your choice and visit https://sentinel.rebitgo.com/
2. Select Sign up.
3. Enter your email in the specified field.
4. Select your country from the Location dropdown.
Create an account
5. Read the Terms & Conditions by clicking the link and tick the checkbox if you agree to them.
Terms and Conditions
6. Select CREATE ACCOUNT.
7. Check your email inbox for Reset your password mail.
8. After opening the mail, click the URL.
9. Enter the password you wish to set for your Rebit Personal account and click the Reset password button.
Change your password
10. Once you get the Password changed notification, click Back to Sentinel.
11. Enter your email address and password in the specified field and select LOGIN.
12. Click the DOWNLOAD REBIT button on the Thanks for choosing Rebit page.
Thanks for choosing Rebit screen
13. On the lower right side select CONTINUE once it appears.
You should be able to see your Sentinel dashboard after following the instructions above. You can take the tutorial presented to understand the Sentinel interface, or skip it.
Congratulations! You have now successfully upgraded to Rebit Personal from legacy Rebit. Next, you have to back up your data onto Rebit Personal.
Install Rebit Personal on your PC by double clicking the Rebit installer you downloaded from the Thanks for choosing Rebit page. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation.
Welcome to Rebit
You should see the screen above once the installation is complete. Now you take a backup of your data.
Backup data with Rebit Personal
1. Click the Choose folders to backup button.
2. You will be presented with the User selection screen as shown below.
Choose folders to back up
3. Select the checkboxes you would like to backup and select Continue.
Backup in progress
You can monitor the progress of the individual backups on the Rebit Personal window. The file/folder getting backed up will initially display a cloud backup icon until the backup is in progress. Once the backup completes, the cloud backup icon changes into a green tick mark.
Now you can cancel the Legacy Rebit Pro subscription. Please note that canceling the subscription is not mandatory.
Canceling the subscription of Legacy Rebit:
1. Visit https://www.rebitgo.com.
2. Navigate to Account Details via My Account.
3. Log in to your account by entering your credentials.
4. Select Subscriptions under the My account list.
5. Navigate to Subscriptions to expand your record.
Expanded subscription record
6. Click the Cancel button alongside Actions.
7. Confirmation of your cancelation will appear on top as shown
Confirmation of Cancelation of subscription
Please note that the current subscription will last throughout the month, but you will not be charged for the next month.
Note: After your subscription ends, you will still be able to reactivate your legacy Rebit subscription for up to 30 days.
Finally, you should uninstall Legacy Rebit on your device.
Uninstalling Legacy Rebit
1. Click the Search box on the taskbar.
2. Enter “Add or remove programs” and select it from the search results.
3. Enter “Rebit Pro” in the Search this list field.
Add or Remove programs
4. Click on Rebit Pro to display the Uninstall button.
5. Click the Uninstall button and select Uninstall again on the pop-up to confirm the intent.
Confirming intent of uninstalling legacy Rebit
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Feedback to improve legacy Rebit
7. You will be asked if you want to keep backups or delete them. Please remember that this refers to your backups present in the back end.
Choice of retaining or discarding backups
Note: We recommend you keep the backups so that you can still access them if you choose to revert to the old Rebit. Your local backups will persist until you delete them.