Learn the different kinds of backup supported by Rebit Personal. We shall also look into running the backups.
Rebit Personal allows you to take three kinds of backup. They are:
- Full system backup
- File/folder backup
- User settings backup
Let us take a closer look at these backups to understand what it means.
Full system backup
Let us begin with the Full system backup. You can back up an entire drive in your PC in a full system backup.
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Click on This PC inside the File Explorer.
Devices and drives section
3. Right-click on the drive you wish to backup under Devices and drives inside the File Explorer.
4. Point your mouse to Rebit Backup.
5. Select Backup this folder.
You can monitor the progress of the full system backups on the Rebit Personal window. The drive getting backed up will initially display a cloud backup icon until the backup is in progress. Once the backup completes, the cloud backup icon changes into a green tick mark.
File folder backup
Next, we shall look into file/folder backup. You can backup your file/folder in two different ways. They are:
Backing up files and folders via the context menu
1. Locate the file/folder you wish to backup in File Explorer.
2. Right-click on the file/folder to open the context menu.
3. Point your mouse to Rebit Backup.
4. Select Backup this file. If you are backing up a folder, Backup this folder will be visible instead.
Backup via the context menu
Backing up files and folders via the Rebit Personal window
1. Click Add File or Folder on the Rebit Personal window.
Click on Backups to open the Expanded View. Select Add File or Folder.
2. Select Files or Folders from the dropdown as needed.
3. Select File/folder(s) to backup in the Add Files/Add Folders window.
4. Click on Backup.
Backup via Rebit window
You can monitor the progress of the individual backups on the Rebit Personal window. The file/folder getting backed up will initially display a cloud backup icon until the backup is in progress. Once the backup completes, the cloud backup icon changes into a green tick mark.
Backup in progress
Icons indicating backup in progress
Icons indicating backup completion
User settings backup
Using Rebit Personal, you can backup Windows User settings such as Accessibility, User control, Appearance, Display, etc.
- Click on Settings button on the Rebit Personal window.
- Select Preferences on the left side navigation bar.
- Click on Backup Now button under Windows user settings.
- Settings backup has started will be displayed. Please wait till the backup process completes.
Once the User settings backup is complete, an User settings zip file will be created and stored on the cloud. You can use it when migrating from one PC to another via cloud migration. Alternatively, you can backup Windows User settings from the User selection screen presented to you right at the beginning.
Note: Rebit Personal will capture the following details in the User settings zip file.
- User Control
- Appearance and Display
- Hardware Settings
- Browser Bookmarks
- Date and Time