In the event of a hard drive failure or if you need to recover your entire computer, you will need a Full System Recovery Disk containing the Rebit Backup recovery software. We recommend that you create the recovery disk after installation.
In the event of a full system recovery, you will need a recovery disk containing the Rebit boot software. This page allows you to create the recovery media required for the full system recovery.
Types of Recovery Media Supported
- CD-R, CD-RW
- DVD-R, DVD-RW
- USB Flash Drive – It is recommended that the entire flash drive be dedicated to the recovery media. Do not store any other files or data on the flash drive.
Creating the Recovery Media
- Prepare the recovery media by one of the following methods:
- Insert the CD or DVD into your computer’s CD or DVD drive, or
- Connect the USB drive to your computer.
- On the Settings page, click Recovery Disk.
- On the Creating Recovery Disk page, click the appropriate button for the type of media you are using: CD or DVD or USB Drive.
- On the next window, select the drive you want to use to create the recovery disk.
- Click Start.
- Once the recovery media has been created, label it “Rebit Full System Recovery.”
- If you want to make sure the recovery media is working, boot your computer from the CD, DVD or USB drive. The start-up screen will be displayed. On the language selection screen, click Cancel to reboot back to your normal PC.
- Store the recovery media in a safe place.